The Red Lobster Crab Cake Recipe is one of the most popular menu items at the restaurant. It is served as an appetizer and a great lunch or dinner.
This blog post will explore a recipe to make Red Lobster Crab Cake Recipe with its various ingredients and serve suggestions and how to prepare it to your taste buds’ preferences.
The dish begins with a can of crab meat mixed with seasonings, egg, chopped onions, breadcrumbs, and mayonnaise before being formed securely into patties. This is then finished in a frying pan with a little oil and set aside to rest. The menu item is served with a side of creamy cole slaw.
The Red Lobster Crab Cake Recipe is one of those menu items you can order cooked in various ways; medium, well done or even lightly fried. The cooking style you choose will influence the outcome of the dish.
Crab cakes are quick and easy to make in a home setting. If they are made with many filler ingredients and fried, they won’t be quite as healthy as if they are served lightly fried and with less filler.
How to prepare Red Lobster Crab Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Serves: 10 Servings
Ingredients that we need:
- 1 Pound Diced Red Lobster California Jumbo Lump crabmeat
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 Cup Chopped cooked bacon
- 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoon Flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Directions for Red Lobster Crab Cake Recipe:
Mix crabmeat, eggs, bacon, and mayonnaise in a mixing bowl. Combine well.
In a small bowl, mix the flour and seasonings.
Fold the flour mixture into the egg/mayonnaise mixture until combined. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Refrigerate any unused patties.
Place oil in a deep skillet and heat to medium. Fry each side of the patties for 1-2 minutes on each side or until the surface, becomes golden brown, coating both sides with oil.
Serve with cole slaw.
Nutritional Information about Red Lobster Crab Cake Recipe:
|Vitamin A||309 IU|
|Vitamin C||0 mg.|
Best 10 serving tips for Red Lobster Crab Cake Recipe:
1) Use a baster to lightly squirt some of the greases away from your crab cake in the pan once it is done. You will be surprised at how much grease you can remove.
2) Don’t forget that it is perfectly fine to use imitation crab in a recipe like this as long as you don’t tell your guests!
3) Go easy on the mayonnaise, as it can be slightly overpowering.
4) BBQ sauce can be substituted for the ketchup in this dish.
5) Never serve a hot crab cake on a plate sitting around for more than five minutes.
6) Avoid over-mixing the egg and crab meat mixture into patties so that the cakes hold their shape.
7) Completely form the patties before placing them in the oil.
8) Avoid overcooking the crab cakes, as they should be slightly undercooked when they are served.
9) Cool them on a sheet pan before placing them in a freezer bag or container.
10) Serve Red Lobster Crab Cake Recipe with cole slaw.
What is the best time to enjoy Red Lobster Crab Cake Recipe?
This dish can be enjoyed at almost any time of the day. It is best enjoyed in the morning, after a great sleep. It may also make for a great lunch option if eaten after a night out on the town or in the afternoon after a workout at home.
How to serve Red Lobster Crab Cake Recipe?
This dish, prepared as a lunch item, can be served with a salad, as a snack between meals, or even as an appetizer before dinner. It is best when served hot and fresh. If desired, you may serve it with a little of the creamy cole slaw that comes along with it.
What are the health benefits of the Red Lobster Crab Cake Recipe?
Crab meat is high in protein, calcium, and vitamins A and D. While it is not as high in fat as other seafood, it is still filling and low on the glycemic index. If you want to enjoy some of the health benefits of crab meat without the added calories, you can opt for a baked crab cake recipe.
What other side dishes go well with Red Lobster Crab Cake Recipe?
While Red Lobster Crab Cake Recipe can be served with the creamy cole slaw, you may also serve it with a side of fruit for a low-fat option.
The Red Lobster Crab Cake Recipe has a lot of health benefits as well, so you can consider it to be a healthy alternative to other meals that you may make.
If you want to enjoy this dish, make sure to make them fresh, and don’t forget to save the recipe.
Also, if you are looking for similar recipes and ideas on making better versions of the Red Lobster Crab Cake with crab meat, check out some of the other crab and seafood recipes we have on our site here.
Feel free to check out all the other perfect recipes on our site.