Pina Colada Cake Recipe Duncan Hines is one of the most delicious cakes you can bake. If you’re looking for a moist, flavorful cake with a pineapple and coconut frosting, look no further than Duncan Hines.
The Duncan Hines brand is widely known for its quality products, and this Pina Colada Cake Recipe proves that it can be trusted to please even the most discerning tastes.
This cake is full of pineapple and coconut flavors and is topped with a coconut frosting.
This Pina Colada Cake Recipe Duncan Hines makes an excellent dessert or snack for the summer months. It can be made ahead, so you can have it ready to serve at all times.
How to prepare Pina Colada Cake Recipe Duncan Hines?
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Bake Time: 30 mins
Servings: 10 servings
Approx. Weight: 628 g / 2 lb 14 oz
- 1 (18.25 oz.) package of yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 cups cold water
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup coconut-flavored Frosting with Flakes, divided
Preparation for Pina Colada Cake Recipe Duncan Hines:
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix and oil; stir in coconut, pineapple, and water. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, then medium speed for 2 minutes or until well blended.
Add eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then medium speed for 2 minutes or until well blended. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes clean. Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes; remove to wire rack and cool completely.
Combine 1 cup of frosting and coconut flakes in a small bowl. Spread frosting over the cooled cake. Store leftover cake at room temperature. Garnish as desired. Enjoy!
*For an alternative preparation, add 1 (8 oz.) can of crushed pineapple, drained, with the coconut and water in Step 2.
*For an alternative preparation, add 1 (8 oz.) can of pineapple tidbits, drained, with the coconut and water in Step 2.
Nutritional Facts per serving of Pina Colada Cake Recipe Duncan Hines:
|Calories from Fat||154|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
Best 10 Serving Ideas of Pina Colada Cake Recipe Duncan Hines:
1) Serve it in small bowls and a nice frosty glass of pineapple juice.
2) Put it in the fridge to cool and serve it cold as a snack.
3) Put it in the microwave to warm up, and then eat it with a spoon.
4) Wrap it up nicely, and mail it as a dessert gift!
5) Toss some ice cream on top of your serving and enjoy!
6) Use Pina Colada Cake Recipe Duncan Hines as an ingredient for making chiffon cakes or cupcakes.
7) Make Pina Colada Cake Recipe Duncan Hines into a trifle dish: spread some cake on the bottom, scatter some pineapple tidbits on top, then add some more cake and pineapple tidbits, and drizzle it with some sweetened whipped cream.
8) Make an ice cream float using your favorite brand and pineapple juice.
9) Spread some Pina Colada Cake Recipe Duncan Hines on one slice of bread, and add a layer of sliced bananas and another slice of bread to make yourself a yummy sandwich.
10) Spread it thinly between two layers of pink frosting for an interesting twist on the traditional birthday cake.
These are just a few suggestions to get your creative juices flowing! We’re sure you’ll love this recipe as much as we do and will not be disappointed by it. Check out our main Recipe Index page to find more of the best recipes.
Is Pina Colada Cake Recipe Duncan Hines free of gluten?
Pina Colada Cake Recipe Duncan Hines is gluten-free. This recipe does not contain any ingredients that are known to contain gluten. Before eating the cake, it’s best to make sure it suits your comfort level with gluten.
How to store Pina Colada Cake Recipe Duncan Hines?
Pina Colada Cake Recipe Duncan Hines can be stored in the refrigerator. Once you’ve removed the cake from its original packaging, cover it with foil and place it in an airtight plastic container. Store the cake in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat it.
How long does Pina Colada Cake Recipe Duncan Hines last?
The shelf life of Pina Colada Cake Recipe Duncan Hines is fairly long. Cakes are often considered “good” for about 1 week at room temperature and 3 to 5 days in the fridge.
For the ultimate freshness, seal any unused cake in plastic wrap and store it in a freezer.
This is the final installment of How to Make Pina Colada Cake Recipe Duncan Hines. We hope you found this article interesting! If you’d like to read more about cakes and desserts, try some of my other articles about cakes.
Also, check out the other articles in the Cake, Cupcake, and Frosting Recipes series to find some great recipes and baking tips.
If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to leave a message in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you!
Thanks for visiting! Enjoy.