Number Cake Recipe is a fun and creative way to celebrate a birthday milestone that has a significant number. These cakes can be made using the traditional scratch recipe, or perhaps you want to get even more creative with your cake decorating skills and create one from a boxed mix.
Number Cake Recipe was firstly invented by a computer programmer named Tim Peters. Peters came up with the idea of Number Cakes in 1998 when he got his 33rd birthday cake from a programmer friend in Silicon Valley.
He was so delighted with the cake that he not only came up with an idea to create a website but also started a tradition for people: making Number Cakes on their big birthdays, especially those which can be expressed by numbers.
Since its inception, Number Cake Recipe has become famous and widely accepted by others. It is a symbolic way for people to tell their stories and to make their birthdays memorable.
How to Prepare Number Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Baking Time: 45 minutes
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate baking bars, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 large egg white4 cups sifted cake flour (1 cup)
- 4 tsp baking powder (1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp salt (1/2 tsp)
- 1 cup butter at room temperature (2 sticks)
- 16 oz granulated sugar (2 cups)
- 2 large eggs (2 eggs)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (1 tsp)
- 2 cups buttermilk at room temperature (1 1/4 cup)
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Grease an 8×8″ baking pan and line its bottom with parchment paper.
Place chocolate chips in a plastic bag, making sure not to mix them with other chocolate bars. Put the bag in a pot of boiling water until the chocolate chips melt into a homogeneous mixture, around 5 minutes.
Melt the butter in a microwave oven or over a double boiler until it is completely melted.
Note: The melted butter should be warm but not hot. It’s ok if the butter is slightly warm to the touch only. If your melted butter has cooled down, warm it up in the microwave oven or over a double boiler before proceeding with the next step.
Place sifted flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Mix them thoroughly with a whisk until there are no dry lumps. Make a well in the center of the mixture and pour melted butter and sugar into it.
Whisk flour mixture together with butter and sugar until well mixed. Add egg white, vanilla extract, melted chocolate mixture (from step 3), and buttermilk into the dough.
Mix everything until wet ingredients are incorporated into dry ones.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth it evenly with a spatula. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into a cake comes clean.
Cool the cake for about 10 minutes before inverting it onto a rack so that the cake can be easier to serve.
The Number Cake Recipe is done when you can flip it onto a plate without breaking it. If the cake crumbles when you try to flip it, return it to the oven for a few more minutes until it becomes firm and fully baked.
Place a cake stand or plate on top of the cake. Cover it with a plate and flip the two plates together. Number Cake should come off easily by gripping onto the parchment paper you have placed underneath in Step 2.
Slice Number Cake into pieces large enough to serve individual guests, if possible. Number Cake Recipe will taste better if left to cool completely before slicing it.
Before serving, decorate your Number Cake Recipe as desired.
Nutritional Facts of Number Cake Recipe:
Top 5 Amazing Decorating Ideas for Number Cake Recipe:
1) Number Cake Recipe can be made using a packaged cake mix. Ensure that you get a cake mix that is not higher in fat than the other ingredients. For example, if you use a cake mix with oil, ensure that you use the same amount of oil as butter and sugar.
2) Number Cake recipe can be made using the scratch recipe. To save some time, you can use a commercial Double Chocolate Cake Mix to make your Number Cake Recipe.
3) Don’t use any type of food coloring when decorating a number cake. Instead, use food items such as colored sprinkles or jellybeans that represent your birthday number. For example, if it’s your 45th birthday, then decorate your Number Cake with 45 jellybeans which are red, white, and green to represent the American Flag.
4) You can create a message on your Number Cake Recipe. For example, if it’s your birthday, then you can write the number of the year that you were born in either gold or silver writing.
5) Often, vanilla icing is used to decorate some Cake recipes. However, you have the freedom to use any icing that you like as long as it complements the cake’s flavor.
Is Number Cake Recipe Healthy?
Number Cake Recipe is healthy because it is made up of nutritious ingredients. The egg whites in the cake are used to add volume and airiness to the cake. It also helps bind the other ingredients together and make them smoother.
However, this cake recipe may not be healthy if your guest comes with a diabetic friend or if they have any health problems that may cause them to feel uncomfortable when having a dessert containing a lot of sugar.
How To Prevent Weight Gain From Eating Number Cakes?
We’ve been taught that the best way to prevent weight gain is by eating less and exercising more. But we all know this isn’t completely true, as human beings have limited ability to exercise a lot while they are in the midst of their busy days. However, eating number cakes is another way to prevent weight gain.
How? By eating the correct portions of the number cake recipe, that is.
It is no secret that a slice of number cake recipe can add up to more than 500 calories. That’s why it’s advisable to divide your slice of number cake recipe into portions and then eat them in intervals where you have a few minutes between eating portions.
This way, you’ll be able to feel full and satiated as you eat less number cake.
I hope you will love my Number Cake Recipe, and let me know what you think of it. Also, don’t forget to share this recipe with your family and friends so they can love it too!
If you enjoyed my post on Number Cake Recipe, kindly check out these other dessert recipes.
Wishing you the very best in your baking endeavors!