Korean Lunchbox Cake Recipe, also known as “Yug-kook,” is a popular Korean dessert. Traditionally, they’re served in small little containers like your average lunchbox, but many people put them on sticks to make the display more novel and delicious.
I’ve put together 10 creative serving ideas to show you how versatile this delightful dessert can be!
How to prepare Korean Lunchbox Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Serving Size: 1 portion (around 360g)
- 3 eggs
- 500g flour (or as needed)
- 100g sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup milk (depends on the cake size, if it’s large, you need to add more milk)
- 3 Tbsp oil
- Chopped walnuts, carrots, and onion (all optional)
- Orange extract(optional)
Step 1: Pre-heat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
Step 2: Put 2 eggs in a mixing bowl, add 2 Tbsp sugar and 4 Tbsp oil. Mix them well until they’re yellow and foamy.
Step 3: Add 1/3 cup milk and mix it again. Sift 500g of flour with baking powder and salt in another mixing bowl and make a hole in the center of the flour.
Step 4: Add the egg mix to the above hole, then slowly add the remaining 1/3 cup milk as you mix it with a whisk(or spatula). The batter should be thick but pourable( like pancakes). If your batter is too thick, add more milk.
Step 5: Put 1 Tbsp of batter on a baking sheet or pan, then top it with other ingredients. You can use fruit preserves or chocolate as a topping.
Step 6: Put the cake in the oven and bake it for 15-20mins until golden brown. Let it cool off before you cut it into pieces.
This is one of the easiest ways to serve your Korean Lunchbox Cake.
Nutritional facts of Korean Lunchbox Cake Recipe :
1 cup of Korean Lunchbox Cake contains
The cake itself is already sweet, but you can add more sugar if you like.
10 Creative Serving Ideas of Korean Lunchbox Cake Recipe:
1. Put some cream cheese or butter on the cake for a richer taste and better display.
2. Make your lunchbox cute by decorating it with fruits and honey!
3. If you don’t like nuts, grapes are a nice alternative
4. You can also cover your cake with chocolate sauce to make it more attractive!
5. To make this Korean Lunchbox Cake more filling, you can add whipped cream on top! It will feel like whipped cream cake in a lunchbox box!
6. If you’re having a party, cut some bananas into small pieces as decoration and put them on top of the cake!
7. You can also add some orange extract to make it taste more like the real Korean Lunchbox Cake! I love chocolate, so I added some chocolate syrup!
8. If you want to cool off your cake quickly, you can put some ice on top of it.
9. You can also wrap your cake with aluminum foil or plastic wrap when you’re in a hurry.
10. If your cake is too dry, try adding heavy cream or butter on top of it!
You can also use cream cheese, heavy cream, or butter when serving it. In this way, the cake will be moist and delicious! I hope you like this Korean Lunchbox Cake Recipe!
Is Korean Lunchbox Cake Recipe (Yug Kook) hard to make?
It’s not hard, but it will take a few hours to prepare and decorate it if you’re having a party.
How do you store the Korean Lunchbox Cake leftovers?
It tastes best when eaten fresh, so it’s best to eat all of it when you have a party. If you’re not planning to have a party, you can wrap your cake with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prolong the life of your cake. Or keep some cream cheese or butter on top of your cake so that the cake won’t get dry. If you want to freeze your cake, put it in a freezer and take it out a few hours before eating it.
Is this Korean Lunchbox Cake Recipe good for dieting?
It depends on how you serve the cake. If you want an instant meal, the slice of this Korean Lunchbox Cake is a good choice! It’s also low in calories (450kcal), so it’s good for dieting and snacking, but if you eat too much or have too many slices, that amount can add up! So don’t overeat!
What are your favorite Korean foods? What do you like to eat when having a party or picnic? Please feel free to write a comment below! If you have any other questions about the recipe, please ask me! I will be happy to help everyone in their cooking adventures!!