Ho Ho Cake Recipe Cream Cheese is a healthy cream cheese low in calories, sugar, and fat. It is a moist and fluffy cake that tastes like sugar plum.
This cake can be made with either cake layers or chocolate mousse. You can also make it with mashed ripe bananas as the base instead of cream cheese.
This recipe is perfect for those who need to watch their weight or want to enjoy something sweet without the guilt, making it a great addition to your healthy lifestyle.
Ho Ho Cake Recipe Cream Cheese has also been known as sugar plum cake, sugar plum muffin, sugar plum cake roll, sugar plum pudding, and pumpkin pie.
Wholesome cream cheese that is rich in calcium and protein makes it ideal to have alongside a healthy dinner.
Ho Ho Cake Recipe Cream Cheese is a great snack for kids and sports lovers or a healthy dessert for dinner.
How To Prepare Ho Ho Cake Recipe Cream Cheese?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Ho Ho Cake Recipe Cream Cheese:
- 4 Tablespoons of Flour
- 2 Cups of Fresh Cream (cream from a can will also work) – Whipped and frozen for about 2 hours, then remove the whipped part using a spoon.
- 3 Eggs Separated Into Whites and Yolks.
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract.
- ¾ cup Sugar.
- Pinch of Salt.
Preparation Directions for Ho Ho Cake Recipe Cream Cheese:
Sift the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt in a large bowl.
In another bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until pale, about 2 minutes. Add in the vanilla and then gradually beat in cream cheese. Fold in flour mixture until well combined.
In another clean bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until they form soft peaks (be careful not to overbeat).
Gently fold egg whites into the cream cheese batter.
Transfer mixture into one or two 12-cup baking pans and bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes. Remove cakes from the oven and let cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Remove cakes onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
Frost with cream cheese frosting or whipped cream while still slightly warm.
Best served at room temperature. Store leftovers in plastic bags and refrigerate.
Ho Ho Cake Recipe Cream Cheese can also be frozen for up to one month without losing taste or quality. Cakes can be reheated in the microwave and thawed before serving.
Nutritional Facts Of Ho Ho Cake Recipe Cream Cheese:
(Serving Size: 9.5 oz)
|Total Fat||22.00 gm|
|Saturated Fat||14.50 gm|
|Total Carbohydrates||22.50 gm|
|Dietary Fiber||0.15 gm|
10 Amazing Healthy Tips of Ho Ho Cake Recipe Cream Cheese:
1) Use white or vanilla cream cheese as the main ingredient to replace store-bought or processed cream cheese.
2) Remove the whipped part using a spoon and freeze the mixture for 2 hours.
3) Baking time may vary; please check the cake after 25 to 30 minutes in the oven to remain nice and moist without over-baking.
4) It is best to use non-stick pans while cooking this cake recipe. An oven may also differ according to the oven type used; please follow instructions accordingly once ready.
5) To make frosting for this cake recipe, sieve powdered sugar and add melted butter, vanilla extract, and cream to make a nice creamy frosting.
6) Adding flour makes the cake less dense and can be substituted with whole wheat flour.
7) Ho Ho Cake Recipe Cream Cheese can also be made with mashed ripe bananas as the base instead of cream cheese.
8) Freeze leftovers by wrapping them in plastic wrap or putting it in thick zip lock bags or containers (please exclude air).
9) This cake can also be frozen for up to 3 months without losing taste or quality.
10) To make it tastier, one can decorate the cake with chocolate sauce, chocolate curls, nuts and other goodies.
How To Store Cream Cheese?
Cream cheese can be stored at room temperature in a sealed container and kept for up to 2 weeks.
It can also be refrigerated in an airtight container, but since it is a soft cheese, the texture and taste may change over time.
Freezing cream cheese is not recommended because the texture may change, but if you freeze it, use freezer bags or containers with tight sealing lids.
Is this Ho Ho Cake Recipe Cream Cheese free of gluten?
Ho Ho Cake Recipe Cream Cheese is made with white flour and contains no gluten. Cream Cheese is also available in a fat-free version.
Cake Mix can be purchased in low-fat, sugar-free, and gluten-free versions to accommodate several dietary needs with little to no change in the taste or quality of the cake.
Is this Ho Ho Cake Recipe Cream Cheese free of Trans Fats?
Ho Ho Cake Recipe Cream Cheese does not contain any Trans fats. Margarine can be used to replace butter as a lower calorie substitute for cakes containing shortening.
Is it recommended to use a non-stick pan to prepare Ho Ho Cake Recipe Cream Cheese?
If you use a non-stick pan for preparing cream cheese, please ensure that the pan is seasoned with cooking spray or butter. It will prevent the pan from sticking, your cake will not stick to the pan, and it will also reduce your cleaning time.
I hope you love this Ho Ho Cake Recipe Cream Cheese recipe as much as I do! If you have tried this recipe, let me know how it was in the comments below!
If you love healthy desserts, check out my healthy dessert recipes, and don’t forget to share them with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram! Happy baking!