Coquito Tres Leches Cake Recipe is very popular in Mexico; a popular dessert made of Coquito with three large, thin, and crispy layers.
The cake is spongy and moist in texture with a subtle flavor from cinnamon. It’s often topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, but you can also make it into cake pops or serve the dessert garnished with crunchy chocolate flakes for an even more delicious taste sensation!
Firstly I will write about preparing this Coquito Tres Leches Cake Recipe.
How to prepare Coquito Tres Leches Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 12 servings
Ingredients that we need:
- 3 cups of milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ¾ cup and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder. Cocoa is optional. We can also use chocolate powder in this recipe. If you don’t have powdered chocolate, you can dissolve some natural unsweetened chocolate in warm milk.
Preparations for Coquito Tres Leches Cake Recipe:
Combine egg yolks, sugar, and cocoa powder in a medium bowl. Beat until well mixed and creamy. Add cinnamon and nutmeg, and beat well again.
Add 1 cup of milk and beat lightly for about 30 seconds or until the mixture becomes thick and creamy in texture.
In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
Whisk one cup of milk slowly into the egg yolk mixture. Add remaining 2 cups of milk and vanilla and stir to combine. Stir in egg whites and mix well until the batter is smooth.
Pour batter into greased 9-inch round cake pan and bake at 350°F for about 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the cake on a wire rack for 10 minutes and then turn it over onto another plate.
Drizzle the prepared Tres Leches (recipe below) over the cake. Let stand for at least 45 minutes before serving.
To prepare Tres Leches: Using a mixer, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in condensed milk and vanilla extract. Layer whipped cream mixture on top of the cake and refrigerated for at least two hours before serving.
Nutritional Facts of this Coquito Tres Leches Cake Recipe:
This Coquito Tres Leches Cake Recipe is very simple to make, and also I like this recipe because it has a unique flavor.
It’s different from other recipes, and everyone loves this recipe. And I always recommend preparing this recipe for special occasions, birthdays or anniversaries. You can use this recipe for your family and friends.
10 Amazing Serving Ideas of Coquito Tres Leches Cake Recipe:
1) You can use this Coquito Tres Leches Cake Recipe as popsicles. It tastes like heaven. Don’t believe me? Try it yourself!
2) This Coquito Tres Leches Cake Recipe is creamy and extremely tasty. You can use it to make other desserts like cheesecake, ice cream, etc.
3) You can top it up with chocolate sauce or whipped cream.
4) You can serve this dessert garnished with cherries, walnuts, and whatever you like for decoration.
5) serve this dessert in a glass goblet for the true Mexican touch.
6) You can add some raspberries for garnishing.
7) Have this dessert with a side of Mexican soda, and it’s all set!
8)You can make Coquito (recipe below) into cake pops and arrange them on a plate or platter. It tastes so good!
9) Whipping cream is an excellent topping for Coquito. They taste delicious with whipped cream on top.
10) You can also use this Coquito Tres Leches Cake Recipe in muffins and make tiny cake pops. Please keep them in the fridge and have them whenever you like!
Quickly view this helpful video to learn how to make Coquito Tres Leches Cake Recipe.
Can I prepare this Coquito Tres Leches Cake Recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare this Coquito Tres Leches Cake Recipe and refrigerate it for up to 3 days. Or you can freeze the cake for up to 3 months and then thaw the cake in the fridge overnight.
I have never baked a Coquito Tres Leches Cake before. Is it difficult to prepare?
This recipe is not difficult at all. It’s pretty simple. The only thing that makes it difficult is the cooking time because we need about 55 minutes to cook this delicious dessert.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This Coquito Tres Leches Cake Recipe makes 6 to 8 servings.
Do I need a cake pan size of 12 Inches to make this recipe?
Yes, you need a cake pan size of 12 Inches to make this recipe. It will result in a beautiful, perfect-looking dessert.
What’s the right storage method for this Coquito Tres Leches Cake Recipe?
You can store it in the fridge for up to 3 days or eat it straight away. If you don’t want to eat it straight away, you can store it in the freezer for up to 3 months and thaw it before cooking.
What makes this Coquito Tres Leches Cake Recipe so special?
The recipe is pretty easy and simple, just like any other cake recipe, but most importantly, it has an incredible flavor and taste! It’s not very sweet, not too rich and of course, we can add chocolate to our taste.
How long will it take me to make this cake?
It will take about 1 hour from start to finish the making process.
Have any health benefits from this recipe?
You should provide this recipe to your friends and family. It will make them feel special and honored because it’s an amazing recipe.
Is Coquito Tres Leches Cake Recipe gluten-free?
Yes, Coquito Tres Leches Cake Recipe is completely gluten-free, and you can prepare it without any fear. You can use this cake as a dessert or even a breakfast.
I hope you will like this recipe, and it turns out for you as well as it did for me. Enjoy your cooking and try new recipes! If you have any suggestions or opinions, don’t hesitate to give me your valuable comments. We would love to hear from you.
Thanks for reading my post. Bye!